Leigh Swanson, LPC
Licensed Professional Counselor, MS, LPC, KPMT
Do you have a child that is struggling with behavior problems or anxiety? If so they deserve to have a treatment that is proven to work for their problems. I am trained in the most effective treatments for behavior problems in childhood and adolescence. I specialize in evidenced based treatments for children ages 2-17 with severe behavior problems or/and anxiety. I have helped many parents eliminate or reduce the problem behavior and it works if you do!
I am certified in the only evidenced based treatment for severe childhood and adolescent behavior problems that was developed by Yale Parenting Center. I also treat some of the underlying issues such as anxiety and problem solving issues that are usually present with behavior problems.
I am a National Certified Clinical Mental Health Therapist and a National Certified Counselor as well as certified in a behavioral therapy for childhood behavior disorders developed at Yale University. I work with families everyday that are overcoming childhood behavior problems and repairing their relationships with their children.
- Years in Practice: < 2 Years
- School: Troy University
- Year Graduated: 2012
- License No. and State: LPC008700 Georgia
- Avg Cost (per session): $120
- Sliding Scale: Yes
- Accepts Insurance: Yes
Accepted Payment Methods: American Express, Cash, Check, Discover, Health Savings Account, Mastercard, Paypal, Visa
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Blue Cross
- Blue Shield
- BlueCross and BlueShield
- Out of Network
Verify your health insurance coverage when you arrange your first visit.
- Membership: Association for Contextual Behavior Science / NCCMHC
- Member Since: 2010
- Membership: National Board for Certified Counselors / NCCMHC
- Member Since: 2015
- Behavioral Issues
- Child or Adolescent
- Oppositional Defiance
- Behavior problem in childhood/adolescence.
- Family Conflict
- School Issues
- Toddlers / Preschoolers (0 to 6)
- Children (6 to 10)
- Preteens / Tweens (11 to 13)
- Adolescents / Teenagers (14 to 19)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Behavioral parent training.
- Family / Marital
- Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
- Video Counseling