Dr Stephanie Burchell
Marriage & Family Therapist, PhD, LMFT, CFLE
Are you looking to achieve real and lasting change in your personal life? Would you like to get the most out of your relationship - even save your marriage - but remain stuck in a cycle of communication that keeps you distant and disconnected from your partner? Extensively trained and experienced in couples work, my approach aims to repair attachment bonds; deepen intimacy; improve communication; and sets a course for authentic personal growth. Certified in Emotion Focused Therapy, this empirically validated model is designed to significantly reduce distress and anxiety, resolve conflict, restore communication, repair emotional injuries and deepen attachment bonds.
My areas of specialty include Emotion Focused Couples Therapy EFCT, Marriage and Couples Work, Affair Recovery, Infidelity, Emotional Intimacy and Attachment, Communication, Personal Growth, Depression/Anxiety, Divorce Recovery, and Attachment Trauma. I have additional specialized training and experience in the Gottman Method, Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT), and Mindfulness therapeutic approaches.
Dr Burchell is a Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist in TX and CT, a Board Certified Professional Counselor and has worked extensively with couples and individuals for over 10 years. She earned her PhD in Family Therapy from Texas Woman's University, and a MS in Developmental Psychology from UT Dallas.
- Years in Practice: 11 Years
- School: Texas Woman's University
- Year Graduated: 2007
- License No. and State: 201114 Texas
- Please note: License State differs from Location State
- Avg Cost (per session): $150 - $180
- Accepts Insurance: Yes
- Accepted Payment Methods: Cash, Check, Discover, Health Savings Account, Mastercard, Visa
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Out of Network
Verify your health insurance coverage when you arrange your first visit.
- License No. and State: CFLE Certified Family Educator National Association Family Research
- License No. and State: 001842 CT Licensed Marital and Family Therapist
- Relationship Issues
- Life Coaching
- Marital and Premarital
- Coping Skills
- Family Conflict
- Self Esteem
- Trauma and PTSD
- Women's Issues
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
- Emotion-Focused Couples Therapy
- Emotionally Focused
- Family / Marital
- Family Systems
- Mindfulness-based (MBCT)