Dr. Diane Dani Smith
Marriage & Family Therapist, EdD, LMFT, CAATS, CDMHRS, Mediate
How long have you wanted a happier, more satisfying life? I would love to help you build healthier relationships, repair broken ones, improve communication and intimacy. I have experience helping clients handle stress and heal from trauma. Research shows that much unhappiness, many symptoms of depression and anxiety (along with resentment and anger) can be reduced or alleviated. By acquiring new life skills we can be on our way to living a happier life. We can't change our history or others but we can change how much power they have over us. We can choose to take control and be happy.
I utilize a brief therapy model focusing on empowering individuals to take control of their lives. I have extensive knowledge and experience working in many mental, social and emotional health related areas. I also work at a university which helps me stay current regarding research and best practices. I love what I do.
I work with individuals, couples and families. If you're interested in improving your relationships, feeling better and working with a therapist who genuinely cares for her clients, call today. Therapy need not be a threatening experience. It can be a process that helps us live more productively resulting in healthier relationships.
- Years in Practice: 20+ Years
- School: Chapman University
- Year Graduated: 1991
- License No. and State: MFC 33630 California
- Sliding Scale: Yes
- Accepts Insurance: Yes
- Accepted Payment Methods: Cash, Check, Health Savings Account, Mastercard, Visa
Verify your health insurance coverage when you arrange your first visit.
- Degree: Doctorate, California State University, Fullerton/Ed.D.
- Year graduated: 2013
- Certificate: ICM/Certified Mediator
- Certificate Date: 1994
- Relationship Issues
- Anger Management
- Child or Adolescent
- Domestic Abuse
- Sexual Assault/Rape Recovery
- Trauma and PTSD
- Impulse Control Disorders
- Preteens / Tweens (11 to 13)
- Adolescents / Teenagers (14 to 19)
- Elders (65+)
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
- Family / Marital
- Family Systems
- Mediation/Conflict Resolution
- Trauma Specialist