Mark L Goldstein
Psychologist, PhD, PACE
After practicing 30+ years, I focus on you as an individual and your specific needs, rather than a diagnosis. I tailor counseling to what you need, with an emphasis on fast symptom relief first. My approach is eclectic, and I have been trained in cognitive-behavioral, family systems and psychodynamic models. I employ what is best for you in helping you. If I am not the right therapist for you, I refer you to someone who is right for you very early in therapy.
I work best with children, adolescents or adults with anxiety disorders. I have also taught child development, child psychopathology and child therapy to graduate students. I have successfully treated over 1,500 clients with anxiety during my career.
I suffered from panic disorder for many years when younger, so I can really understand anxiety on a different level than most therapists. I feel that my own personal experience makes me particularly adept at treating anxiety disorders.
- Years in Practice: 30+ Years
- School: University of Florida
- Year Graduated: 1976
- License No. and State: 071002066 Illinois
- Avg Cost (per session): $100 - $170
- Sliding Scale: Yes
- Accepts Insurance: Yes
- Accepted Payment Methods: American Express, Cash, Check, Discover, Mastercard, Visa
Accepted Insurance Plans
- BlueCross and BlueShield
- Out of Network
Verify your health insurance coverage when you arrange your first visit.
- Child or Adolescent
- Life Coaching
- Obsessive-Compulsive (OCD)
- Relationship Issues
- Impulse Control Disorders
- Children (6 to 10)
- Adolescents / Teenagers (14 to 19)
- Psychological Testing and Evaluation