Evelyn Kohan, Ph.D.
Psychologist, Couples, Men
Couples therapy is the heart and soul of my practice. It has also become a gateway for specialized individual work with men, ages 30 to 60, particularly in life transitions and crises. Respecting the real differences between men and women, I provide men with effective and relevant tools for understanding themselves and solving their problems. It is a perspective that values their strength and integrity and focuses on using their best self to get the results they are seeking from therapy. I also continue to work with women, individually and in couples, showing them how to empower themselves, while relating more effectively to their partners.
I have a direct, yet compassionate approach in helping people cope better and improve their lives. Therapy should provide, like all good relationships, an environment founded on mutual respect, honesty and trust.
I am a facilitator of change by offering my experiences, knowledge and hard-won wisdom, but believe every person is ultimately responsible to create the changes that are best suited to their authentic selves.
- Years in Practice: 30+ Years
- School: California School of Professional Psychology
- License No. and State: PSY7237 California
- Avg Cost (per session): $250
- Accepts Insurance: Yes
- Accepted Payment Methods: American Express, Cash, Check, Discover, Mastercard, Visa
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Out of Network
Verify your health insurance coverage when you arrange your first visit.
- Degree: University of California, Berkeley/B.A. in Psychology
- Membership: American Psychological Association
- Relationship Issues
- Men's Issues
- Self Esteem
- Coping Skills
- Family Conflict
- Life Transitions
- Marital and Premarital
- Pregnancy, Prenatal, Postpartum
- Mood Disorders
- Mindfulness-based (MBCT)