Douglas K Lormand
Marriage & Family Therapist, MS, MEd, LPC-S, AASECT
Many psychological problems are tied to relationship struggles - sex and money are two of the biggest struggles implicated in these cases either as cause, consequence or something in between. These struggles are emotionally moving manifestations of the human need for connection and the deep pain felt when this connection is damaged or severed. Helping individuals seek relationship deepening events, become more fluent in the language of others and understand that satisfying relationships are contingent on the ability to relate to a partner as an individual instead of some form of physical property is important. Satisfying relationships is about creative thinking.
Therapy with me is a process of expanding the mind, shedding inhibitions and connecting with those we love the most. I specialize in helping people understand that it's difficult to feel attracted to someone who has abandoned their sense of autonomy.
AASECT Certified Sex Therapist. Post Graduate Training at Columbia University's Campus in New York, and the W. Glasser Institute, training directly with Dr. William Glasser, MD in Los Angeles, California. Active member of AASECT, American Counseling Association, American Mental Health Counselors Association...
- Years in Practice: 5 Years
- License No. and State: 66009 Texas
- Avg Cost (per session): $150 - $250
- Accepts Insurance: Yes
- Accepted Payment Methods: American Express, Health Savings Account, Mastercard, Visa
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Out of Network
Verify your health insurance coverage when you arrange your first visit.
- Certificate: AASECT Certified Sex Therapist/Florida Post Graduate Institut
- Certificate Date: 2011
- License No. and State: State of Texas LPC - 66009 State of Texas
- Relationship Issues
- Behavioral Issues
- AASECT Certified Sex Therapist
- Family Conflict
- Sex Therapy
- Sexual Addiction
Religious Orientation: Other Spiritual or Religious Affiliations
- Adolescents / Teenagers (14 to 19)
- Elders (65+)
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
- Family Systems
- Reality Therapy / Choice Theory